Rules of AA
- 1 ：Anonymous：2022/11/29(Tue) 20:58:44 ID:fz6hPYit
- 1. You CANNOT use the post form to design AA or accurately preview what your AA will look like when posted
2. You CANNOT use regular backslashes
3. You CANNOT start a line with a half-width (regular) space
4. You CANNOT have 2 or more half-width spaces directly next to each other
5. You CAN start a line with 1 or more full-width spaces
6. You CAN have 2 or more full-width spaces directly next to each other
7. You CAN creatively alternate between full-width and half-width spaces to achieve different whitespace lengths
8. You CAN shift the characters of a line by a few pixels by adding periods at the start (or anywhere else) in a line
9. You CAN use ancient Japanese AA editor software using Locale Emulator or similar
- 2 ：Anonymous：2022/11/30(Wed) 01:32:22 ID:6dqeP6DG
- 3 ：Anonymous：2022/11/30(Wed) 04:58:53 ID:J3298RUd
- UTF-8 rebuild test
- 4 ：jr ◆krz7nbX5eVTc ：2022/11/30(Wed) 04:59:28 ID:G3Z+2j1d
- Rules of AA
- 5 ：Anonymous：2022/11/30(Wed) 05:00:07 ID:J3298RUd
- UTF-8 rebuild test again since I forgot to save
- 6 ：jr ◆krz7nbX5eVTc ：2022/11/30(Wed) 05:00:48 ID:G3Z+2j1d
- BEST TO REVERT DAT SHIT...
- 7 ：Anonymous：2022/11/30(Wed) 05:01:11 ID:J3298RUd
- >>5 undid that for now since it breaks all the encoding stuff
- 8 ：Anonymous：2022/11/30(Wed) 06:15:54 ID:J3298RUd
- 9 ：Anonymous：2022/11/30(Wed) 06:16:49 ID:J3298RUd
- 10 ：Anonymous：2022/11/30(Wed) 09:28:23 ID:eYy7M53p
- Don't just blindly switch to UTF-8 or make other changes to dismantle these "rules" - they're just facts about how the web, Shift-JIS encoded sites, and MS PGothic font works by default
Not only will such changes break all genuine 2ch-compatible AA, but the art of 2ch AA itself is to work within these rules and overcome them to make glorious images!
- 11 ：Angeleno ◆BMDik3OFd2 ：2022/11/30(Wed) 11:13:33 ID:J3298RUd
That's honestly a pretty good point, and it does make the originally planned transition to UTF-8 a bit harder to do.
I should note that the original World2ch from 2003 used UTF-8 for its encoding, and actually had a statement (in japanese) about it too (archived here http://world2ch.net/guide/2ch.html ), although RIR6 also had an AA option, so I'm not completely sure either way on what to do currently.
also here's a poll so I can get more input: https://strawpoll.com/polls/B2ZB3MoOdyJ
- 12 ：Anonymous：2022/11/30(Wed) 12:14:48 ID:14q7cebg
You could switch to UTF-8 and use CSS to change the font back to MS PGothic (and other popular metrically-compatible substitutes), either globally or just for this board
That does mean some AA created here might not be fully Shift-JIS compatible, but with all the AA fails so far I'm not convinced world2ch has to worry about that too much ^^;
Additionally, it could be a good idea to include the submona font in the site (like 5ch does) so that those without MS PGothic or a substitute installed will still see AA as intended:
- 13 ：Angeleno ◆BMDik3OFd2 ：2022/11/30(Wed) 13:11:44 ID:J3298RUd
- >>12 It's been moved to UTF-8. I'll made MS PGothic the default font pretty soon.
- 14 ：Anonymous：2022/11/30(Wed) 14:18:42 ID:14q7cebg
- Once the default font becomes MS PGothic (or you change your browser's Japanese font settings), you can use this quick guide I made:
Here's me typing 20 half-width (regular) spaces in a row →| |← ...they get merged into 1 after posting!
|←Here's me starting a line with 20 half-width spaces ...they get completely removed after posting!
|←Here's how you can start a line with spaces by using full-width spaces
. |←You can also start a line with a period to subtly shift the contents of a line to the right
|←You can also put 1 half-width space after any full-width spaces to get additional alignment control
. |←And combine this with periods
|←...and so on
You can use the same techniques above to chain spaces together at any point in a line→| |←
And here's what a backslash looks like→\ ...basically, don't use backslashes
And just to make sure you're all viewing this with an appropriate font, the vertical lines below should be perfectly aligned
| ΛΛ ...| ΛΛ .!| 〆⌒ヽ |← Are these
|（ ＾▽＾）!|（ σ_σ）.|（ ‘д‘）y-~|← lines here
|と つ.|（つ旦0）..|（ Ｊ ） . |← perfectly aligned?
If it looks correct and aligned, copypaste the above into the textbox below and see how it b0rks
That's because the textbox is using a monospaced font, not MS PGothic!
You should design AA in an AA editor or regular text editor with the font changed to MS PGothic 12pt
- 15 ：Angeleno ◆BMDik3OFd2 ：2022/12/06(Tue) 07:44:53 ID:k8HgYfBH
- Submona is now the default font for all boards.
- 16 ：Anonymous：2022/12/07(Wed) 07:31:32 ID:+Glp9qAj
Please change it back the kaomojis now look like shit ヽ(`Д´)ノ
- 17 ：Anonymous：2022/12/09(Fri) 01:51:00 ID:NIVtI4e0
- The solution is to use a proper font-family instead of just setting it to submona - that way the site will only use submona as a fallback whenever MS PGothic and other substitutes are unavailable
font-family: "MS PGothic", IPAMonaPGothic, Monapo, Mona, submona, sans-serif;
Display only new replies
READ.CGI - 0ch+ BBS 0.7.5 20220323